Mom & Grammy
(December 2010)
The assisted living place where Grammy lives had a small "come & go" get together the week before Christmas. They had a ton of food and they had some entertainment; a man who played the piano and sang at the same time, and a band. It was fun to stop by and spend some time with her. All of us were able to go except for my Dad and Cameron as they were working.
I'm thankful that she is so close and that I can visit her on a regular basis. Grammy & Granddad lived in St. Johns most of my life and we would have to travel 4 hours one way to see them so it has been a blessing to have her living in Mesa regardless of her condition. One day, we will all be together and she will know how many times we visited her and how much we love her and I can't wait for that day. Life would be so depressing if we didn't know or understand the Plan of Salvation. What a great thing to look forward to for we will have our Grammy back!! :)

5 comments:
It amazes me that she is smiling in all of those pictures. I can't wait to get her back either!!
I love my mom. She was such a great mom and really a great Grammy to you guys before she had Alzheimers. So glad you guys knew her a little before the disease. You are luckier than Chance and Macy who mostly only know her like she is now. I'll be glad when she is whole again also. Thanks for the post, Lins.
I just want to say that I LOVE YOU! I love all of your thankful posts and it reminds me of all the wonderful things that I have to be thankful for as well. I have not been a good blogger so I just spent the last little while catching up on all of these and I am so glad that I did. I especially love the memories. I can only imagine how hard it is on your family watching your sweet grammy go through this horrible disease. But I love that even through that, you are so grateful for memories! You are such a great example to me and for that I am grateful!
I love her and have a very special place in my heart for her! She was a classy classy lady!
Your Grammy looks good in these pictures & she looks happy. It seems like she's aged quickly in the last couple of years. It's amazing how draining a disease like Alzheimer's can be on them. You guys do a great job remembering her--she's got fantastic kids & grandkids!
Post a Comment