Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 26: Connor

Connor Hugh is a stud. It wouldn't be fair if I didn't blog about him when I dedicated a post to my parents, Kelly & Cameron, and Cassie & Jeremy. Plus I am THANKFUL for him; he's the only favorite brother I have!! Annnnd he would feel left out, just like he STILL feels left out us kids went to Boston for New Years Eve in 2009 without him. Moving on...

I give his stats all the time, not to show off...okay well maybe a little...but I do it because I'm blown away every time I see him and how big he is. He is 17 years old, he's 6'1.5", he weighs 207, and wears a size 13 shoe (he wears a size 14 in cleats). Connor's a Junior at Mesquite High School and plays baseball. An 88 mile an hour fast ball better get him on the ASU Baseball team.

I'm thankful for this kid. I'm proud of him for weathering "4 moms and a brother" growing up, as my Dad would always say. Us girls were dying to have a brother and when my Mom was pregnant with Connor, we thought for sure she was having a girl since she had 3 girls in a row, but she obviously ended up having a boy and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Connor was a colicky baby and drove my Mom NUTS, but he grew up to be a sweet little boy who was destructive, creative, and got in to everything. He screamed when he saw bugs because that's what us girls did and my Dad would teach him not to scream. He flushed golf balls and spiderman/superman underwear down the toilet, he climbed on everything, he ate anything and everything...still does..., he's been stocky and thick from day one, used to never smile when he was little (it was a miracle if you got him to smile for a picture and my Granddad called him "The Judge" because of it), he was a Momma's boy and probably still is, and he likes to do anything my Dad does.

Connor is super talented and always has been. He loves to sing, he loves music in general, he's artistic and athletic. He's plain awesome.

I know I've said this a million times, but our family is ultra close and I LOVE it. Connor and I are 9 years apart, I'm the oldest and he's the baby, but we still have tons of fun when we get together and the age difference never gets in the way.

I love you Con-Mon-Wuss-Won!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

He is such an awesome kid, but then I think all of you are. He spent three hours recently helping Liz take Grammy to the dentist. AND he didn't complain about it at all. He is my baby and only boy so how could he not be just a little bit of a momma's boy?

d.jo said...

He weighs 207 pounds? Are you kidding me? That's crazy! You know it's ALL muscle, too.