My dad is a follower of Christ, he has a testimony, he is good to my Mom, he is good to us kids, he loves his parents, he fulfills his church callings (my parents just got released from being nursery teachers for almost 2 years and handled 14 2 1/2 year olds all by themselves at the beginning stages of their 50s...impressive), he thinks he's funny and likes to laugh, he loves sleep too when he can get it, he knows his scriptures, he loves sports, and he is the hardest working person I know.
I talk to my Dad about EVERYTHING, except boys. That's my Mom's job. My Dad and I currently have a texting relationship because he works inside the terminal at Southwest Airlines and cannot answer his phone as often as he used. It can get exhausting at times to only have a "texting relationship" with someone you love, but whatever works!! I love you Dad!!!! I have so much respect for you and hope we can have lunch together, go shooting, watch a movie, help you with carpet cleaning, rub your back, or just sit down and talk...real soon!!! xoxo
My Mom is a great example to me as well. She is the oldest of 4 children in her family and grew up in Pine Top. After high school, she high-tailed out of there and came down to the valley to go to school. She left home at the age of 17 and has fended for herself ever since. She bought a town house in her early twenties and had roommates. You know how she met my Dad :) Want to know how he proposed? When they were dating they had some friends that were getting married at a temple in California (can't remember exactly which temple) but my Dad proposed to her on the Los Angeles Temple grounds and she said.....YES!!!!!!!
My Mom is also a follower of Christ. I remember when she was called to be the Stake Primary President years ago, and how nervous she was. She did an awesome job and I think she learned a lot from that calling. My Mom has always fulfilled her church callings as well and I appreciate her for setting that example. My Mom is really smart, she loves to read and play Scrabble, she loves to travel, she thinks everyone hates her cooking which is so far from the truth (sometimes we are our own worst critics), she loves my Dad, she loves her parents and siblings, and she loves us kids.
One thing I want to say about my Mom is that she is constantly serving. Whether it's cooking dinner, cleaning the house, fulfilling her church calling, visiting her parents in their assisted living homes, or having a listening ear, she's serving. I love her for that.

1 comment:
Thank you Lindsay. I love you too and think you are an awesome person. Thank you for all that you do to help our family. I appreciate that you are a "go-getter" and not afraid to try something new or tackle a project. You are the best.
Post a Comment