Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 19: Dr. Pepper

I heart Dr. Pepper. I'm THANKFUL for it! It is the BEST drink in the entire Universe. I can't live without. It is my alcohol, coffee, tea, whatever you want to call it. Dr. Pepper is one of the top 3 soft drinks in the United States and the No. 1 non-cola.

Even though my Dad likes DP just as much as I do, he tells me I will lose 5 pounds within a week if I stop drinking soda...yeah...it's worth the 5 pounds to me. Everyone in my family LOVES Dr. Pepper except for my Mother. She's weird like that. She says it tastes like old people's medicine. This is NOT true!

How did the soft drink Dr. Pepper get its name? I will tell you...

In Virginia in the 1880s, Wade Morrison, a pharmacist's assistant, wanted to marry his boss's daughter. But her father considered Morrison too old for her and asked him to move on. After Morrison had settled down and opened his own drugstore in Waco, Texas, one of his employees came up with a new soft drink idea, which Morrison developed and named after the man who gave him his start in the drug business: his old girlfriend's father, Dr. Kenneth Pepper.

DR. PEPPER DOES A BODY GOOD!!!

4 comments:

Shay said...

AMEN SISTER! I hardly ever drank soda but this semester of school I got started on DP (mostly diet) and I am HOOKED!

McRae Family said...

hahaha, you are so funny! I totally agree that its the best but I rarely drink it anymore! sad face

d.jo said...

This post reminds me of that classic moment in time when you stopped in the middle of the road all because of a soda....

Jamie said...

Dr. Pepper DOES taste like old person's medicine . . . If I were captured behind enemy lines and were threatened with torture, they would never have to physically torture me, just threaten to make me drink a Dr. Pepper and I WOULD TELL ALL!!!!! Nastiest stuff I ever tasted! Well . . . . after Ding Dongs.