Sunday, December 26, 2010
Day 18: Family
THEY MEAN THE WORLD TO ME! We love each other so much and would do anything for each other. We have so many memories together, it's wonderful. This year, we watched sports together, went to ASU games together, ate dinner together, played cards and board games together, laughed together, made fun of each other, saw movies together, Kelly, Cameron, and Cassie and I went to Boston for New Year's and saw comedian Dane Cook, the whole fam plus Cameron saw The Eagles at US Airways in April, and we went to Game 6 of the 2010 NBA Playoffs Phoenix Suns vs Los Angeles Lakers in May, not to mention both Cassie and Kelly got married and Kelly is 8 months pregnant with Baby Rylan who is expected to arrive January 17, 2011. A BUSY BUSY YEAR!
We always attend family functions together, whether we are celebrating a birthday, a mission farewell or homecoming, baptisms, bridal showers, baby showers, weddings, or just regular family get togethers. Every single one of us are there and our parents always tell us how much they appreciate us supporting not only our immediate family, but our extended family as well. Family is everything. My Dad always says "Family is all that matters. Friends come and go, but your family will always be there for you," and I believe that.
Elder L. Tom Perry said in April 2003 General Conference: "In a world of turmoil and uncertainty, it is more important than ever to make our families the center of our lives and the top of our priorities. Families lie at the center of our Heavenly Father’s plan."
I truly feel blessed to have been born and raised in the family that I have. I love my parents beyond measure and am so thankful for the love, support, and sacrifice they've made for me and my siblings. My Mom said they other day, "I made a ton of mistakes raising you guys, but I did the best I could." She's too hard on herself. My parents raised all of us in a gospel loving home and they are great examples to me. I love them with everything that I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jamie, "the best you could" was a great job!
Post a Comment