I am grateful for food and shelter!
I am so blessed to have a home of my own. It took a lot of hard work to save up for a house and I'm so glad I did it!! I live on my own without roommates and LOVE it! I thought it might be a little lonely without roommates, but it's really not that bad! I can watch TV whenever I want, no one is stealing my food, my house is only messy when I mess it up...hahaha! I'm hardly ever home anyway and Bauer is a GREAT "roommate" who keeps me company :) I have lived in my house for over a year now! August 14, 2010 marked one year, I can't believe it! It has been so much fun to decorate and make it "my own". I'm so grateful to have a job in this type of economy so that I can own a home and pay for all of my other living expenses.
I am also grateful for food. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat! The only thing I do not like is certain types of seafood and sushi. I wish I could acquire a taste for it, but I just can't do it, it makes me gag :( I'm especially grateful for chicken noodle soup, Top Ramen, spaghetti, cereal, string cheese, and all those other types of food that are CHEAP and keep me alive :) It's really hard to make meals for one person so yes I do eat a lot of "cheap crap" but it works and that way I don't have left overs for 2 weeks!
Fast Sunday is one of the hardest commandments for me to follow. Paying tithing?! Piece of cake! Not eating food for 2 meals, or 24 hours, or however it is that you fast?? D.I.F.F.I.C.U.L.T. Funny thing is, I'm not a big breakfast eater and hardly EVER eat breakfast, BUT you better believe when it's Fast Sunday I AM STARVING first thing in the morning!!! Why is that?! GRRRR!!!
I know there are many in the world who do not have food or shelter, or both, and it breaks my heart. I wish there was something we could do about that, which makes it all the more reason why I am so thankful.

3 comments:
Remember all those houses we looked at before you found this one! And I made fun of the outside . . . . but remember that I talked you into looking at it because you didn't want a two story. It's a great house and I'm glad you're thankful for it. I'm thankful that you are a hard worker and a goal setter. I love you.
I am loving these gratitude posts. They are inspiring. I love that you used the term "cheap crap". I seriously laughed so hard. You are a good person Lindsay. You set a really good example for me. So thanks.
I'm grateful for food and shelter, too.
Post a Comment