Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mo-Town

For the first time this year, I took vacation! FINALLY!! I went to Utah for 5 days last week and it was sure nice to take a break from 116 degree weather :) I mainly went to see my cute engaged friend Andrea!! We went to BYU Hawaii together and she was one of my closest friends there, besides Natalie and Sumbel. She's getting married in the SLC Temple August 14th and I'm one of her bridesmaids! WOOT WOOT!!I went to 2 out of 3 bridal showers that were thrown for her and it was so fun to meet her extended family and her fiance's family. I've met Andrea's Mom several times and she is so nice. We were talking late one night and her parents were trying to think of a Utah boy they could set me up with and all I kept asking was, "Is he cute, and how old is he?!" Good times. Andrea is pretty lucky because her future mother-in-law was so fun, easy to get along with, and anyone that met her kept telling Andrea, "You are so lucky to have her as your mother-in-law!" We'll see what happens after they're married...BAHAHAHA...just kidding!!
LOVE THIS GIRL!
Meet Jeremy Chatterton! Jeremy and Andrea are 2 years apart and Andrea is older. He just got home from his mission this past January, proposed to her in May, and is getting married in August. Quick, but they met each other in Hawaii so they actually knew each other for a bit before his mission. I didn't know Jeremy in Hawaii because I hadn't met Andrea yet, and by the time I met her he had already left on his mission. I've seen tons of pictures of him but I actually met him for the first time on this trip to Utah. He's really a nice guy and I liked him a lot.
Another bridal shower! Monica came!! All 3 of us girls went to BYU Hawaii together and Monica just graduated last December and moved to Provo, UT. She doesn't have a car so Andrea and I picked her up and took her to the bridal shower. We had so much fun talking and reminiscing about the good 'ole days in Hawaii. SO GLAD we're done with school, but miss the island at times. Amazing how fast time flies. And Monica is also a bridesmaid!!
Andrea opening her presents and who ever gave her the present she was opening had to give her marriage advice. It was entertaining :)
She got lots of cool stuff, some things were homemade. I WISH I was that talented. I can't even sew a flippin' button. How lame is that?! Anyway, her mother-in-law's basement is FILLED with presents from all of her showers! She and Jeremy are going to have so much fun starting their life together!
Jeremy's little cousin Tasia and his sister Cierra. Cierra loves Andrea and totally looks up to her. She is so excited that Andrea is marrying her older brother, it's the cutest thing ever. She would follow Andrea anywhere she went.
Andrea & her Mom
Funny pictures are a must!
We apparently are supposed to be "sad" in this picture and all you can see is multiple chins on me, so please ignore. THANKS!
The last day I was with Andrea, we went to the mall and I bought her some lingerie which was my gift to her since I didn't take anything with me to her bridal showers. It was actually fun and she got something she liked which was better than me picking something up for her that she wouldn't want to use. Money well spent!! After the mall, we went and saw the movie "Letters to Juliet". Total chick flick but I liked it.
I'm so happy for this girl!! She's kinda like me when it comes to dating, if you know what I mean, and she finally has found her soul mate and I couldn't be happier for her. I love who she is and the great example she is to me. I can't wait to see her in her wedding dress at the temple. Few more weeks!!
NATALIE!!! Natalie and I also went to BYU Hawaii together and she and I met up and went to dinner and watched a movie back at Tim & Priscilla's house, who I was staying with for the rest of my trip. Tim & Priscilla and Natalie live in Lehi so it made it easy for us to get together and have some Lindsay & Natalie time! WOOT!!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GIRL!!!
We are such good friends and I wished we lived in the same state.
We ate at a new pizza buffet and then watched "Remember Me" with Pri. Most depressing movie EVER! Don't see it, if you haven't already. It has Robert Pattinson in it and lets just say he's great at playing a vampire :)
Tim & Pri's kids
Christian - 3 years old
Stella - 13 months old

How cute are these faces?! Cutest kids ever and so much fun to be around. Christian is a HOOT! I slept in their basement and he came down each morning to wake me up so we could play. And when I was in the shower, he would knock on the door and say, "Is Lindsay in the shower?" He LOVED my camera and took LOTS and LOTS of pictures, like this one:
Not bad for a 3 year old!! Pri & I were hanging out on the couch talking and Christian found my camera in my purse. He also is a pro at the iPhone. Pri has one so he's had plenty of practice but when he found my phone he could unlock it and went straight for the games. He even knows how to take pictures from the iPhone. You don't have to help him at all. What a stud!!
Christian with Lindsay's iPhone :)
Look how pretty this Stella girl is!! She's darling!
C ready to go to the pool with Dad and Stella on Saturday morning. This is what he looked like before we walked out the door. He seriously just cracks me up!
Me and the kids the day I left. Christian wanted to go bye-bye on the airplane with me but the whole family is coming to AZ in a few weeks so he will get to ride on an airplane real soon. - Thanks for everything Pri! Love you guys!!
Cassie watched Bauer for me while I was gone and texted me these pictures of him. HOW SAD ARE THESE?!?! She said he was so depressed and was confused as to why I wasn't there. He would just lay on my bed and sulk. Wouldn't even play fetch. It made me so sad! He is literally my baby.
When Cassie and Jeremy picked me up from the airport, they brought Bauer with them and when I got in the car he licked the crap out of my face. HA HA! It was so cute, and he was sniffing everywhere. I guess he missed me!! Thanks Cass and Jer for ALL your help!

1 comment:

d.jo said...

No comments, yet? Lame.

Anyway, your vacation looks fun. What I like most about you, Lins, is that you LOVE PEOPLE, and the people you love LOVE YOU in return. Some of the best vacations are the ones where you get to be with friends. ...In my case, though, I'm really glad you live close & don't have to take vacation to see me right now. Haha!