
I started my nice little Easter weekend with lunch at Nielsens on Friday afternoon with my Mom, sister, and Grammy. Grammy, my Mom's Mother, is now in a care facility which is located in Mesa. She is only 73 years old yet the terrible Alzheimer's disease has invaded her frail thin body and she can no longer have a conversation with you. She cannot call us by name, yet she knows we are important people to her. She will ramble on about things we do not understand and we just listen and nod our heads. My poor Granddad is heart broken, as are we, but the reality is that she has this terrible disease and although there is nothing we can do to change her condition we love her the same and enjoy the moments we have together.

We finished eating and walked out to the car and when I was putting her seat belt on, she turned to me and said, "This is the most fun I've had in a long time." And for a moment it was my Grammy. The Alzheimer's was not there. It made me smile. Moments like these is what I will remember forever. I told her I loved her and she said, "Thank you!" I love her to death!

I went to the Easter Pageant again on Friday night and met up with my parents right after work. Debra Jo and Mitch were also there but I got to the pageant 15 minutes after it had started so I could not find them and just met up with them after it ended. Debra Jo's family was in the pageant again this year and have been for many years. As a matter of fact, her Dad has played the part of the narrator for the past 10 years or so. They all looked so cool in their costumes and did such a great job!

Conference was really inspiring this time around. A few of the talks felt like they were directed to me specifically, it was just cool. After seeing the Easter Pageant twice this past week and then having the opportunity of listening to Conference these last two days, I feel a greater love for my Savior. It's amazing to me how the Atonement works and I'm so grateful for it. After Conference, we had our Easter dinner and my Aunt Liz and her kids came over.

Sisters on Easter Sunday

This is Jensen, my cousin Clint's little boy. He's 16 months old now and adorable as can be!

My Aunt Liz and her cute family!
(Kansas' BF Daniel, Kansas, Shayna, Aunt Liz & Jensen, Kara, Clint)

Cassie & Kansas

Cousins!

Mom's & their girls :)

Always have to have a crazy picture. I'm just glad no one fell in the pool!
This weekend was GREAT! Now just 11 more days and IMMA BE IMMA BE IMMA IMMA IMMA BE free baby!!! The 15th cannot come fast enough! WHEW!
3 comments:
Cute post, Lins! Happy Easter!
I am glad your Easter was so fun! I loved the pics. I'm glad you got to spend some girl time with your Grammy. That was special. You look awesome. It was so great to see you Sat, even tho it was only for like 5 min. I am glad you could come. Love you Linds!
You may be free unless there are lazy people like me who still need to get their taxes done! I totally forgot about it until I saw this post! Looks like you guys had a great time! When did cassie get bangs? Love that we can keep in touch like this!
Post a Comment