Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

December is here!

I absolutely love this time of year, especially because my family means the world to me and I see them a lot during the holidays. Cassie came over last Saturday night and we decided we wanted to make Gingerbread houses for Family Home Evening this week, so we went to WalMart and Target to get our supplies. While we were at Target, we walked by the Christmas decorations and I decided to buy a tree!!! The box said it was 6' tall, but it's barely as tall as me and I'm only 5'4" so I'm not sure what they meant by 6' feet, but it's still a tree! Cass helped me pick out the decorations for it and even bought lights for me. She's so sweet. It's puny and we kept laughing while we were putting it up, but it works. My first Christmas tree! Kinda cool.
Sunday night my family held FHE and our family bonded. My Dad taught from the scriptures for a brief moment and then we discussed some personal family moments and also talked about our extended family. We've had loved ones pass away, most recently my Aunt Karen who lost her battle with cancer November 17, 2009, and my Dad encouraged us to have good relationships with family and friends and to let the little things go. We literally expressed our emotions and it was a good thing. Afterwards we made Gingerbread Houses!!! My Mom and I were on a team, everyone else made their own.
Jessica did a great job and decorated away. Kelly gave up within 15 minutes so I have no pictures of her. We were making fun of each other's houses and giving them nick names. It was all in good fun.
Cassie was all for it! Can't you tell? No, really, she was. She and I stuck to it since we took the time to shop for everything, plus it was our AWESOME idea.
Connor and Kelly come in a pair. He lasted longer than Kelly, but gave up after his "Tikki Tower", as my Mom called it, fell over. My Mom and I kept telling him to put more frosting, but he didn't listen.
This is my Dad's creation. Mind you, my Mom had teeth whitening trays in her mouth while we were doing this, so she spoke with a slur and that was funny in itself and to make things even funnier we poked fun at my Dad's "Indian Adobe Garage". HA HA!! He quit after inserting marshmallows as his roof support. Well done Dad, well done.
Our finished product. Not too shabby, I might add.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I think Jessica's was the best looking but ours was the only "two story" gingerbread house. :) This was so much fun!

Sherri Romney said...

I LOVE it. Your puny tree is so pretty and the gingerbread houses look like so much fun. Sounds like you guys had a great lesson too... I think everyone could use a reminder to let the little things go and to love those close to us. I know I forget that a lot. Love you girl! I need your address and your mom's if you can email it to me. sherrilynray@yahoo.com

cassie said...

I love us! Even though my house sucked

d.jo said...

Okay, so I finally looked at blogs tonight. I love your tree, even though I giggled when I saw it because I didn't expect it to be slightly short. It's festive, though & the candy canes & star are the perfect final touches. Also, I must say that I have never seen such an awesome gingerbread house made out of grahams...seriously you guys did an amazing job. Even your dad's was cool & creative. But yours wins the prize.

Ellsworth Family said...

Hilarious. I loved your dad's adobe garage. Classic!
No baby yet-- key praying he'll come by the 31st (for taxes, of course). :)
Looks like you are doing great! Keep checking our lame, out-dated blog so we can keep track of you!