Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Grammy's Birthday!

Today was Grammy's birthday! We had a get together tonight at their home and ate pizza and had cake. It was fun to see everyone and mingle with each other.

We are so lucky to have our grandparents living in the valley. My whole life, they have lived up north in the Pinetop and St. Johns area and although we visited them often, we are glad they live in Mesa now so we can see them more.
Lena, Celia (Lena's Mom), and my Mom
Grown up Chance (12 yrs.)
June & Granddad
Cute little Macy (9 yrs.)
My cousin's baby - Baby Jensen (8 months)
Uncle Thom & Aunt Lena
Grammy & Granddad

Grammy has Alzheimer and Parkinson's diseases. It's heartbreaking and sad, but we love her so much and are so thankful for the times we've had with her. At the party, my Granddad whispered to me that he doesn't like living in the valley. He said, "It's too hot and there's too many people!" I guess that's true when you have lived in a small town your whole life. I told him we love having him here and he winked at me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMMY!

2 comments:

McRae Family said...

That is so great that you are so close to them. I agree about it being too hot here, I don't have anywhere better to go though, so I will just have to be strong...and sweaty.

cassie said...

that last picture is so cute of them.