Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowboarding!

Cassie and I went snowboarding for the first time up at Sunrise last weekend and we had so much fun. We both were really nervous and not sure what to expect, but it was worth the pain and soreness, believe me!!! We went with the YSA's in our stake and some really good friends of mine, Jared, Brian, & Derek and those boys = FUN.

We met at the stake center at 5 AM (ridiculous) and rode on a Greyhound Bus for 4+ hours before we got there. Then they played Disney movies all the way up. Talk about torture!
Brian & Derek are my buds

Jared too!

Just arrived and all geared up.
It was a little warm that day, low to mid 50's.

The boys were pretty good about staying with us on the mountain until about 30 minutes went by and we finally told them to bail. The hardest part for me was getting off the flippin' lift! What a pain! I fell every time and was so mad. Ha ha! It was funny. Cassie did GREAT until she fell on her second time getting up and banged up her tail bone pretty bad. She was in tears, and that's when I knew she really hurt herself. Poor thing. Luckily, the boys caught up to us and Jared helped her down the mountain. Jared's a stud.
Cassie is the one with her butt in the air :)
She was a trooper and I'm glad she came!
Brian took this sweet shot of me boarding! Looks like I'm going to fall, but I'm doing good here. It took just over 2 hours to get down HALF of the mountain on our first try. There was no way I was going to leave Cassie alone. After we got her down and to the lodge, we ate lunch, and then I went down the mountain once more. Cassie was done. My second try, I got down in about 15-20 minutes and I was gloating! I was too scared to go to the very top.
Jared was wiped out on the way back and we all took pictures of him :)

It was a nice break from tax season and Cassie and I agreed we'd go again. Thanks boys for all of your help! Love you much. Snowboarding rocks and I hope I dominate the entire mountain the next time I go.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I think that you and Cassie were probably the cutest girls there. I'm not prejudice or anything. :) I'm really glad you guys went and gave it a try. I used to ski up there when I was in high school. It was a blast. I'd fall on my butt and bruise my tailbone too if I tried it now!

Cassie said...

Why didn't you put the picture with Brian and Derek when you were saying "what am I doing?!" THAT was the best one. Well, second to that last picture of Jared.

McRae Family said...

That sounds similar to my first time snowboarding! I was in so much pain and don't think I was able to safely get off the lift even once

Andrea said...

Looks like you had tons of fun...

Arnett's said...

DANG! Looks like a blast!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you and Cassie had fun! You were fun to hang out with. We'll all have to go again!