Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

I HAVE A LIFE!

After 6 weeks of waking up between 9-11 am everyday, watching a million TV shows including the news, Judge Mathis, Young & The Restless, Family Feud, Dr. Phil, Oprah, re watching the seasons of LOST, American Idol, Mamma's Boys, Rock of Love, and Tools Academy, cleaning the entire house for my Mom, running pointless errands to feel busy and waste time, get together lunches, and some traveling..........I STARTED WORK TODAY! I know! Awesome, right?!?! Well, it is.

Today, I woke up at 6 am, got to work by 7:30, worked until 4 with no lunch break, came home and Cassie and I cleaned the house for my Mom which took about 3 hours :) , relaxed for a bit, took a Sonic run, and jumped into my pj's and climbed into bed. And it was great. I never thought I would hate having so much free time. Believe me when I say I REALLY NEEDED time off and a break from everything after graduating from college and moving back home, but after 3 weeks, I was ready to get back into the groove of things and this thing called BOREDOM struck me.


I love my job. Tax season has begun and I'm happy. I like to work with people and I like being busy, so this job suits me well. Cassie and I are working together at the same office. She replaced my receptionist position, one of the many I had, while I was away at school and now that I've returned, I have my own office and she works up front so we carpool together. Isn't that cute?! LOVE IT!

I went to Harmon's Safe, Lock & Key today to get a key to my new office door and while the man was helping me, I called my Dad and offered to help him finish cleaning out the garage today when I got off work (a project that we started last Saturday and got 1/2 way done with it) and he said that would be great. When I hung up the phone, another customer standing a few feet from me was eavesdropping and said, "Wow! I wish I had a daughter that would call me up and offer to help me out!! Can I adopt you???" I just laughed and smiled and told her thank you for the compliment. She was completely taken back that I would even think to help my Dad out at the age that I am. How sad! Then she went on to tell me she barely took her Christmas tree down last weekend and her 26 year old daughter didn't lift a finger to help, who by the way, lives with her and has a son that she takes care of. It was one of the highlights of my day. Adult interaction makes me sane :)

My Dad and I didn't end up cleaning the garage, but since Cassie and I cleaned the house for my Mom, a good deed was still done.

Reality kicked in and I'm liking it, for now anyway..........

7 comments:

Jamie said...

And I have to say how fabulous it was after working all day and taking care of my parents last night to walk in to a spotless house! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and I'm glad you're home. P.S. Are you still going to come and do this for me after you move out? :)

Rachel said...

You are so great! I do think that you are a little out of the ordinary in the you naturally just have a Christlike heart. Helping people comes easy for you. You can feel your happiness radiate from you even from reading your blog. Your parents must be great cause you turned out awesome! I am happy you got a job and are happy about it! Good for you! Can't wait to read your next post. BTW I have lots I could use your help with at my house! Maybe call my kids and give them the heads up to take your example!

d.jo said...

You go girl, you go girl! Just remember how you feel now when you're in the middle of tax season wondering why you chose your profession. : )

Arnett's said...

You are the best! I love you love tax season!!

Sherri Romney said...

You are gonna be so busy and are gonna envy those lazy days! I know I do! This past year has been the laziest of my life. I have had a job constantly since I was 16...12 if you count steady babysitting jobs. The daycare is the first I've worked since Jake and I got married...other than filling in for the Barry's and Baldwins when I was in Az. It was boring and I hated it, but now I wish I had enjoyed it while it lasted!!! You look SO pretty. I looked at your earlier posts and I love your hair. Did you just color it???

McRae Family said...

You are such a good daughter! I'm very happy for you that you are working again, but I have to agree with Sherri! We always want what we don't have, I feel like I'm either too busy or not busy enough. Although right now not busy enough sounds pretty good to me!

K Bailey said...

Lindsay...I found your blog thru Vonda's...please give your mom my email address kateebailey (at) gmail.com
Thanks!