Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 8, 2008

SUMBEL'S BABY SHOWER!!!

I just posted a bunch of things in one day, so be sure to scroll down and see what I've been up to :)

The Hosts

I threw a baby shower for my roommate, Sumbel. She was so happy and excited. My friend Rachel helped me and my roommates, Katie and Rachael, helped set up and clean up. They were my life savers!
Sumbel - 8 Months Pregnant (Due Jan. 16, 2009)

I wanted the shower to be fun, creative, and different. We had the shower at the Stake Center in the Relief Society Room and decorated the room with streamers and balloons. I decided to go with finger foods: vegetable tray, crackers with artichoke dip, pretzels, donuts, pasta salad, Better Than Sex Cake, brownies, a cookie platter from Costco, and water and lemonade. I brought my iPod and played Jack Johnson music. There were just over 20 people that showed up, and I was hoping for more, but it turned out to be a good time.

Sumbel and I have been roommates for 16/20 months I've been at BYUH!

Group Photo

Look at the cute diaper cake Katie & Rachael made! They put little booties on top of the diapers. So cute and creative!
Katie, Rachael, Me, Sumbel

Measuring her belly :)

We played 4 different games. The first game we played I had everyone cut a piece of yarn for how long they thought Sumbel's belly is. It was so funny to see how short or too long the strings were. One lady cut a piece of yarn the size of what Sumbel wants her baby's head to be! We were dying laughing! The second game we played was "Guess What Baby Item Is In The Bag?" I bought 7 inexpensive baby items on Sumbel's registry and put them in brown paper bags. I passed the bags around the circle and the person could only hold the bag at the top and shake it. They could NOT feel around the outside of the bag. They all guessed and then I showed them what was in the bag. Then for the third game, I took those same baby items and played "Baby's Price Is Right?". Everyone got really excited for this game! I told them the items were purchased at WalMart and it was over $10 all together. That was all the clues I gave them. The last game, I had pieces of paper that had the age of the child on it starting with 0-6 months, then 6-12 months, and then from 1 year old all the way to 21 years old. I handed out blue and green card stock to each person. I went around the room and had each person draw a number. Whatever number they got, they were to give advice to Sumbel on what to expect and what to do for her child at that age. I thought it was perfect for a first time mother.

Did you know that 2 pacifiers made by Gerber are $5.77?!?

Rachel & Sumbel

Opening her gifts...

Look how happy she is!

3 comments:

d.jo said...

Awesome! It looks like the shower turned out great! I'm so happy for Sumbel. It's a good thing she has you, Lins. That would be so hard to be pregnant & not have your husband around. You're a good friend for her to rely on. She's going to miss you; I'm sure of it.

McRae Family said...

Looks like lots of fun, but I totally agree with DJo, it would be so hard to do that without her husband. She's so lucky to have you as a friend. I can't believe you're coming home soon. We'll have to have a big get together soon!

Ellsworth Family said...

Almost done! Yay!
Hey, what is your parent's address? We are sending out our cards and I wanted to make sure you guys got one. Email me at jenandtheboys3@gmail.com
Maybe I'll see you over Christmas...?