Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 19, 2008

I had lunch with Amare!

Yep, I ate lunch with Amare Stoudamire, the Phoenix Suns basketball player. It's true. Can you see him?He's sitting down at a table wearing a black leather jacket and he's drinking out of the orange cup from Panda Express. OK, so I didn't technically sit down and eat with him, but I consider it all the same. My parents and I did some Christmas shopping and went to Chandler Mall on Tuesday and my Mom says casually, "Oh look, it's Amare." I thought she was kidding, but I turned around and sure enough, it was him. My Dad hid behind me and put his new T-Mobile touch screen phone on top of my head to take a picture. Then I tried to take a shot with my iPhone but every time I went to take it, Amare looked over at us. Dorks. I was going to go say "hi" but my parents wouldn't let me. He had a girlfriend, I'm assuming, and a little girl and a little boy with him (the kids looked to be about 2-4 years old) and a bodyguard with him. When my parents and I walked away, a girl who looked about my age, walked up to Amare and the bodyguard shewed her away. I said to my parents, "Look at that idiot, she tried to talk to Amare." and my parents died laughing telling me that could have been me.

So, I shopped all day today and I bought presents for everyone I was planning for except for 2 individuals and I've spent $156.00 so far. Pretty good for someone who just graduated from college and is trying to save every dime she has left! And I got cool presents, not cheapos thank you very much. Almost everything I bought was marked down and sometimes I even got an additional 20% off. It was great! Happy shopping!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny another one of my friends posted that she saw him too.

Jenny and Torrey said...

Hey Lins! I finally learned how to leave a comment! Woohoo!!! I'm becoming a blogger. I just found the comment that you left on my site. Thanks...........now I just need help with facebook!! Ha,ha just kidding.

d.jo said...

I'm so glad your parents saved you humiliation...although, he may have talked to you...you're so personable and all. : )

Sherri Romney said...

Hey girl Happy Graduation! Pic looks great!