Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Day!

Thanksgiving Day is a great holiday. I thought about what I'm most grateful for in my life and these are the things that came to my mind: family and friends, good health, shelter, food, clothes, the gospel, my Savior Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon, my college education, sports, and a camera. I love taking pictures and I'm grateful for whoever invented the camera so we could document and capture our most precious memories.
Me & the prego girl

This was the first time I did not spend the holiday with my family. I talked to my parents and siblings throughout the day, but it's just not the same. I had a great day though. I spent the day with roommates, friends, and my ward family. I felt "at home" in a way. I brought Sumbel to my ward get togethers so she wouldn't spend the holiday alone.
Elder & Sister Florence
Bishop Ram & Sister Ram
Roommates!

My ward fed us TWICE today. At 12:00 and again at 6:00. We met at Bishop Ram's house and played turkey bowling. A frozen turkey was the bowling ball and we had normal bowling pins. It was hilarious seeing people throw the rock hard turkey on the ground trying to get it to roll. Good times.
Hyeyun & her family (Sister, Brother, Brother-In-Law, Hyeyun, Mom)
At the evening meal, they got a projector and played the movie "August Rush". I'm glad I feel like I'm part of a ward family. It made a big difference since I wasn't able to be with my family today. The food was good. I ate mashed potatoes with gravy, turkey, ham, corn, salad, rolls, and a delicious piece of Oreo cake. It was so nice to have a few days off from school right before finals hit and the big graduation day comes.
I fell in love with my cake. One word: Yum.
Ting Ting! She's Chinese and joined the church 3 1/2 years ago.
Me, Nat, Rae Rae

Natalie's brother flew in that night and she needed a ride to the airport to meet him, so Rachel and Sumbel and I decided to catch a movie since we were going to be in town. What did we see? TWILIGHT! I haven't read the books, and I'm going to start soon after I graduate, and I didn't want to see the movie until I had read the first book, but I saw it and it was REALLY GOOD!
TWILIGHT LOVERS!

A few times, I didn't understand what was going on so I kept asking Rachel and she was kind enough to explain, but I felt so bad because she read the books and I was interrupting her moments of pleasure, but I HAD TO KNOW! Ha ha. She was great. That was my day!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Lindsay we missed you for Thanksgiving. Everyone asked about you. I'm glad we're coming out to see you graduate. We love you.

Terin said...

Lindsey! Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! So so pretty! And I can't believe you graduate in 12 days. I bet you are so excited. We can't wait to have you back! : )

Rachel said...

what?!? You havent read twilight still? You sound like kailey she is still holding out as well. Hey I missed you at your grandparents party. it was fun! I loved being able to see everyone. They all did a fabulous job! We were in SJ...I drove my mom down and back in 1 day...it was a very long day but so worth it! OMG there was a picture of your mom as a cheerleader and it looked exactly like you! I was shocked..for a moment I thought it was you until I saw the BR colors! I cried like a baby at the video. You have a special family! Hey my email address is rachelnfox@hotmail.com. I think that is what you wanted from me! Glad you had a great thanksgiving!

Sherri Romney said...

Well, you made do without family and it looks like you were well taken care of! What a fun Thanksgiving! I have to say you look A-Mazing! Your hair is SO LONG and you look great. Can't wait to see you in December!!! Yay!

Sabrena Dana said...

Hey Linds I love reading your blog looks like you had a good Thanksgiving:) We are still at the same place so when you get home you should call so we can get together I will e-mail you my new number. Congradulations on graduation too I bet you're ready!