I felt like Super Woman today. I did a lot, but felt like I got nothing done. I woke up early, went to work, called the IRS and knew I was going to be on hold for awhile so I kept the call on hold and ran to the bank and when I came back I was still on hold :) (VERY multi-tasked I might add) organized and clean, ran tons of errands, helped pick up a car for a friend, tried to pick up my brother and go to lunch (I failed at that one), went to the bank again then to the post office, got gas at Quick-Trip (that's a funny story), went and picked up Debra Jo to go shopping for our friend's bridal shower this Sat., got killer deals on lingerie at Dillard's, ate at Rubios with Debra Jo, went to my house and chatted with my Mom, drove my friend home, and now I'm at the computer. I know, I'm awesome.
At RubiosNow the Quick-Trip story. So I was really hot today, like pretty much all day long. Sweaty hot. I LOVE AZ heat and don't mind it a bit, but I was wearing jeans today and I had on sandals, but I think I did so much running around, the AC in my car never felt cool enough and plus I was always on the go so I'm sure my body temperature kept ridiculously rising. Anyway, after I got gas at QT, I decided to go inside to buy a bottle of water. When I walked in, Debra Jo called me asking me where I was. I told her I stopped to get gas and I was on my way to pick her up. In the meantime I am walking out of the gas station, still on my phone, WITHOUT BUYING MY WATER! Ha. People were starring at me. I could have been a celebrity with how many heads turned and looked at me! After I walked out the door, I did a 180, and walked right back in. The cashier gave me the evil eye, sort of. I said, "Sorry. I wasn't stealing. Just in a hurry and wasn't paying attention." He didn't change his expression, and he looked to be about my age, and I wished I would have said, 'If I was going to steal, water would be the last thing I'd take,' just to give him a laugh, but I thought I better keep it real. I thought I was such a GREAT multi-tasker, but apparently I can't multi-task while talking on the phone. Especially not at gas stations.
My Dad will love this story.

7 comments:
Funny! Funny! Did you hear the click of handcuffs? Maybe this az. heat is getting to you after all! Be careful and stay hydrated. g'ml
HAHA! What a dork. Don't worry, I have my fair share of stupid stories like that, but none of them involve stealing. And I think its hilarious you went to the bank with the IRS on hold.
I might be a little biased, but we look so cute in that picture. And everyone needs to know that I'm NOT a bad influence, even though I was on the phone when Lins almost stole the water! : )
D-Jo
Anyone who really knows you would know that if you were going to steal anything it would be Dr. Pepper. Although anyone who drinks Dr. Pepper is crazy. That stuff is soooooo groooosssss.
Mom
What a great post! You crack me up! I just got home from girls camp and am so glad that it is over! I went as camp nurse and let me just say....there are such sissy girls out there it drives me crazy! I am so glad for my independance! I seriously wanted to like slap some girls and be like are you kidding me? You sprained your ankle 2 years ago and it hurts and you want ice? Give me a break...I could go on and on...I won't...We still need to get together before you go back!
Never a dull moment huh? You are always a ball of energy it doesn't surprise me at all that you were so busy...so I think now that I've commented on your blog you can click on my name and link to mine :)
HAHAHA You thief!!!! That clerk had some nerve.... you came back in for crying out loud!! He should be grateful that you did and then just laugh it off!!!
Either you are really speedy at the bank or the IRS has really bad customer service... or both :)
Post a Comment