Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 13, 2008

GOT PAMERED?

I have been DYING to get my hair cut and colored for several weeks now. It had been 4 months since my last treatment and my roots were definitely showing. Since I was so busy this semester, I never had time to do it plus I was nervous letting someone else do my hair in Hawaii. The girl I use back home I have gone to for the last 6 years and it's a pain switching and finding someone that is just as good. So I went to GOOGLE, like I do for everything, and simply typed in "Hair Salons on Oahu". Several shops popped up and I selected, at random, three of them. Allure Day Spa happened to be the first one to call me back, so I made the appointment! HUGE STEP!!!

Drum Roll.......
The receptionist told me the stylist's name was Fox. I pictured this lady with piercings and tattoos all over her body. To be honest with you, I was nervous. But when I met her, she's perfectly normal! Fox is a nickname. Anyway, she's a single mom with 4 kids and she had a cool personality. Plus, she did a FANTASTIC job on my hair! YAY! Sumbel came with me and got her hair done too. We decided it was only "necessary" to get a pedicure as well. Why not?!? After our pedicures, we went to the mall and did some shopping! I only went to the mall for two thing...Lancome's eye makeup remover & new iPod headphones (which were under warranty so they were free). Do you honestly think I bought just those two things? WRONG! I also got a pair of flip flops, a dress shirt @ Banana Republic that was 20% off, and a t-shirt. I was in heaven!

Pedicure

The earrings I was wearing just happened to match the dress shirt :)

Lesson learned: Get out of Laie and treat myself once a semester!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

If only it was ONCE a semester. I am glad you are getting an accounting degree and a JOB soon. Let me know when you run out of money!!! Even with the current resession going on I am sure I can help you get a LOAN. hahaha Your hair looks good though.

Anonymous said...

I misspelled recession. Maybe I need to come to Hawaii and take a spelling/english class but it looks soooo hard. How much is a man pedicure?

Anonymous said...

i don't know why dad thinks he is funny. ha. your hair really does look good though.

M + L said...

Dad, your comments were great until I read the second one and then I became embarrassed! JK! I'm rich, I don't know what you're talking about...what kid do you know that is 23, not in debt, paid cash for her car, living in Hawaii on her own dime, and still has money in her savings account?!

Can I get a L-I-N-D-S-A-Y!!!!! Luv u!

Anonymous said...

G'ma said " I love your hair too. Aren't Dad's funny but what person asked her Dad to buy her some
shampoo while we were in Walmart? Was it that rich kid? Hey Love you anyway

Anonymous said...

Love your hair Lins!! I think it turned out great. Quite spending money. You have to buy a car when you get home!! :)

Mom

M + L said...

Hey G'Ma, you're supposed to stand up for me :) By the way, my Dad didn't buy me anything at WalMart. He got away with it. Haha!

Rachel said...

You are living the dream Lindsay Levi! I am glad that you are having such a fun time over in Hawaii. What great memories you will always have!