Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 22, 2008

PCC & Waimea Valley & Acai Bowls

G'Ma Levi, Me, & Mom learning the hula!

My friend Aushra dancing the Tahitian dance

We went to the PCC all day on Monday and visited the Samoan Village, Hawaiian Village, Tahitian Village, and the Tongan Village. I have been there 3 times now, but it was so fun to go with my family and be with them. I love learning about other cultures! We also went to the Canoe Show and my really good friend, Aushra (from Mexico), danced on the Tahiti Canoe. She did so good! Next, we went to a luau! The food was awesome! And then we went to the night show. It was an all day thing and everyone was tired, but the show was well worth it. Each culture dances and then they put on a fire show. If you haven't been to the PCC, GO! It's well worth your money.

Levi Gang at PCC

At the Luau

On Tuesday, we went to Waimea Valley. It's a beautiful place were you can do a small hike and see all of these different plants and trees grown in Hawaii. The hike is about 3/4 a mile and at the end is a waterfall you can swim in if a lifeguard is on duty. It was gorgeous and so much fun!! My parents and Connor and I were the only ones that got in the water. It was freezing (about 65 degrees) but well worth it! My Dad and I got in together and we were so cold we were betting each other on who would jump in all the way. He won. We swam over to my Mom and Connor and Cassie was trying to take pictures of us under the waterfall. We were laughing so hard because the waterfall was falling right on top of my Mom's head and she kept yelling. It was hilarious!! We love to laugh with each other and have a good time. I will never forget this time I've had with them.

Beautiful male peacock (Waimea Valley)

Waimea Valley

Waterfall

After visiting Waimea Valley, we had some Acai bowls. These are very popular on the North Shore. Acai is a Brazilian fruit from the Amazon. An Acai bowl has acai topped with granola, banana, and honey. It's so good! It's definitely a MUST HAVE if you ever visit Oahu! My Mom and Connor and I shared a bowl and scarfed it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed coming to see you. The pictures make me want to come back again. Keep working hard and everything will work out for you!!!

Anonymous said...

The above was from your Dad. haha