"We thank thee oh God for a prophet, who guides us in these Latter-Days...we feel it a pleasure to serve thee, and love to obey thy command..."

President Hinckley is by far one of my favorite prophets of all time. I am sad that he is gone, but I know he has been longing for the day to see his precious wife again and I know he is happy. What an honor it was to have him as our prophet during my youth. I have several memories of him that I will treasure forever. I told my Mom a few years ago that I will cry the day President Hinckley dies, and sure enough, I did. I will never forget when I attended a General Conference session with my Dad and my sister in the new conference center and when President Hinckley walked in the room everyone was silent and we began singing "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet". The Spirit was so strong I cannot even describe how I felt. When I saw him, the Spirit reconfirmed to me that he was a prophet of God. I will never forget that experience. I loved his smile and his sense of humor. He was very special to me.



No comments:
Post a Comment