
Yesterday morning, I woke up and my alarm clock was black. I knew the power went out, but normally it comes back on and flashes 12:00 AM until I reset it. Not this time! I walked out into the kitchen and the clock on the wall (powered by batteries) said 7:00 AM. I didn't have class until 11, so I went back to bed. I woke up again around 8 and the power was still off. We had a really bad rain storm the night before and winds were 60 mph. My friends started calling me and told me the entire island lost power and classes were canceled. So what do you do when Oahu Island has a blackout and there's no school or work? BUILD A SNOWMAN!!
So I called Devin, Natalie, and Andrea and they all came over and we went to Hukilau Beach. We dug sand and piled it for over an hour. We started to shape it and it kept falling because the sand was too wet so it wouldn't hold well. It fell several times, and we just kept rebuilding it. We finally got it to stay and one side of it fell and we started laughing. Andrea and Natalie wanted to quit, but we had nothing else better to do and I really wanted to finish it. Right before we started to rebuild one of the sides, this kid that goes to BYUH ran over to us and asked if he could help. We said yes and before I knew it, he kicked the ENTIRE snowman down and started laughing. I was so angry, but shocked at the same time and no one knew what to say. Natalie yelled at him and said, "You are the biggest freaking jerk in the whole world." He smirked and that pissed me off even more, and then I HAD to add, "No, SERIOUSLY! That was so freaking rude!!" He said he was sorry and I yelled, "NO YOU'RE NOT! NOW GET OUT OF HERE!!" He was so embarrassed he put his beach towel over his head and he and his friends left the beach. I was about ready to kick some butt!! So 3 hours later (from start to finish) we completed Crusty. It was so much fun and everyone was laughing and having a good time. It was the PERFECT day to go to the beach and we definitely made use of it!15 hours later the power came back on we were depressed because that meant it was time to do homework. We all needed computers to complete our assignments. Oh well, fun first then homework, right?





4 comments:
Cool snowman Lins!!
cool looking dude. is he single? if so sure he will get picked up soon.
That looks like so much fun. You should have kicked that kid's butt--seriously! How rude of him.
...Oh, ans I like Devin. He should take you out.
Luv, Deej
love the snowman!!! wish i could be at the beach. maybe next snowstorm i will have to build a snowman too! miss you!
Post a Comment