So I'm sitting in my family room with my laptop at my new place and this little creature ran out from under the couch. I yelled for my roommate and when she came out of her bedroom, it ran back under the couch. It was 10:30 PM and we didn't know whether or not we should call our landlords (Bro. & Sis. Weber who live behind us) but we decided to call and Bro. Weber came over to try and catch it. He saw it and went and got sticky traps to put under the couch and left. About 10 minutes later it was crawling on the kitchen counter...ewww! My roommate said it was under the toaster and when I moved the toaster the mouse ran and I screamed. Since we leave all the windows open in Hawaii, my landlord heard me and came this time with his son to see if they could catch it again. No luck. So we moved the sticky traps to the kitchen and Bro. Weber put some peanut butter on the traps and left. Almost 2 hours later, it crawled out from the refrigerator and ran over to the peanut butter. It was squealing and I ran and got my camera to take a picture! We scooped him into a grocery bag with the dust pan and sat him outside. I can sleep now :)
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Fun Surprise
So I'm sitting in my family room with my laptop at my new place and this little creature ran out from under the couch. I yelled for my roommate and when she came out of her bedroom, it ran back under the couch. It was 10:30 PM and we didn't know whether or not we should call our landlords (Bro. & Sis. Weber who live behind us) but we decided to call and Bro. Weber came over to try and catch it. He saw it and went and got sticky traps to put under the couch and left. About 10 minutes later it was crawling on the kitchen counter...ewww! My roommate said it was under the toaster and when I moved the toaster the mouse ran and I screamed. Since we leave all the windows open in Hawaii, my landlord heard me and came this time with his son to see if they could catch it again. No luck. So we moved the sticky traps to the kitchen and Bro. Weber put some peanut butter on the traps and left. Almost 2 hours later, it crawled out from the refrigerator and ran over to the peanut butter. It was squealing and I ran and got my camera to take a picture! We scooped him into a grocery bag with the dust pan and sat him outside. I can sleep now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Bugs at the first house and rodents and the second house. You sure know how to pick 'em. Sleep tight.
Lindsay,
I hope that you don't mind that I am posting on your blog. It is Rachel (your moms cousin). I saw your blog address from mindy's and linked to it. I just have to say that the picture of the mouse....Holy Cow it looks more like a very large rat than a little mouse. Still whatever the size creepy! Grosses you out thinking about it. Looks like you are having a fun and wonderful life! I am happy for you!
Rachel
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT'S THE SAME MOUSE? MAYBE HE HAS A FRIEND {OR TWO} EEK!!
lindsay that is so disgusting. i would have probably fainted to know there was a mouse in the house. rachel's dad used to chase us around with dead ones after he caught them in a trap and since then i have horrible memories of mice. see rachel and i are both grossed out by mice. keep blogging.
Post a Comment