
I am so grateful for this beautiful Earth that was created for our benefit. The Earth was created for a mortal dwelling place; a place where we could gain a body and walk through the tests of life so that we could work towards eternal progression. The creation of the Earth and any living thing that has walked on the Earth was planned by God and He tells us that He created all things spiritually before they were naturally placed on the Earth.
Phases of the Creation
Russell M. Nelson, “The Creation,” Ensign, May 2000
Period one included the creation of atmospheric heavens and physical earth, culminating in the emergence of light from darkness.
In period two, the waters were divided between the surface of the earth and its atmospheric heavens. Provision was made for clouds and rain to give life to all that would later dwell upon the earth.
In period three, plant life began. The earth was organized to bring forth grass, herbs, trees, and vegetation—each growing from its own seed.
Period four was a time of further development. Lights in the expanse of the heaven were organized so there could be seasons and other means of measuring time. During this period, the sun, the moon, the stars, and the earth were placed in proper relationship to one another. The sun, with its vast stores of hydrogen, was to serve as a giant furnace to provide light and heat for the earth and life upon it.
In period five, fish, fowl, and “every living creature” were added. They were made fruitful and able to multiply—in the sea and on the earth—each after its own kind.
In the sixth period, creation of life continued. The beasts of the earth were made after their kind, cattle after their kind, and everything which “creepeth upon the earth”—again, after its own kind. Then the Gods counseled together and said: “Let us go down and form man in our image, after our likeness.
“So the Gods went down to organize man in their own image, in the image of the Gods to form they him, male and female to form they them.” Thus, Adam and Eve were formed. And they were blessed to “be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
The seventh period was designated as a time of rest.
There are so many beautiful places on this Earth, I wish I could visit them all!! I have been all over the United States, I've been to the Caribbean (St. John), and I've been to Brazil many times. I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had to travel and see different parts of the world. I enjoy traveling and hope to be able to visit Europe, Russia, Japan, and Australia in my lifetime!We need to take care for our Earth and not litter, or throw gum out of the window while driving (I HATE THAT)!! We should preserve it, love and care for it, not only for our benefit, but also for future generations.

2 comments:
You are turning into quite the prolific writer!
This post makes me want to go hug a tree now. : ) ...or plant a garden...or cloud watch...or smell the roses....
Haha! Thanks Deej!!
Post a Comment