Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Florence's

Meet Elder & Sister Florence! They were couple missionaries who served in my ward at BYUH my last few semesters of college. The Florence's are from Idaho and while on their mission they missed grandchildren births, marriages, and much much more while serving the Lord. I think they are awesome. This picture was taken on Thanksgiving Day in 2008. It was the first holiday I spent alone, without my family. I was so glad I had the Florence's, my Bishopric, and friends from the ward that I was able to spend Thanksgiving with. We had a great time.
And I had the wonderful opportunity to meet up with them again...this time in AZ!!! Believe it or not, Sister Florence grew up in Arizona and she came into town last weekend with Brother Florence for a high school reunion and to visit their granddaughter who lives in Maricopa. Sister Florence got my phone number from my last Bishop in Hawaii and she called me to let me know they were in town! I was thrilled and so excited to see them, it's been 2 years! I left the island in December of 2008 and they finished their mission in June of 2009. We reminisced about Hawaii, the PCC, and what we've been up to since then. They have been trying to set me up with a guy from their ward back in Idaho ever since I've known them, and she even brought it up again today. I think it's hilarious! I just love the fact that she even thought to call me and that she remembered I live in Arizona. What great people they are and a forever friendship that will remain because of the fact that I attended BYUH. Seeing them was a great start to a great week!

2 comments:

Jenny and Torrey said...

Aww, that's so sweet Linds!! I remember meeting them when I came to visit you. How nice that you were able to see them again and catch up! You look so cute ;)

Jamie said...

So awesome that they remembered you and wanted to see you while they were here. I remember meeting them to. So glad you got to see them.