Cassie of course asked me to do all the talking and taking of the pictures. Ze overheard and took our camera and said, "I will go!" and would walk up to any player we wanted to meet and say, "THESE ARE MY FRIENDS, CAN THEY GET A PICTURE WITH YOU? THANKS!" even before they would respond. It was HILARIOUS! Definitely a moment I won't forget.....
NOW, MEET THE PHOENIX SUNS...
# 10 - LEANDRO BARBOSA
I told Dan Majerle that I used to watch him play when I was a little girl and he was on the SUNS team with Danny Ainge and he said, "You did?!" He was so nice. When Ze was taking our picture with "THUNDER DAN", it wouldn't take and it was because he was recording us:
Shaq was the least excited to sign anything or take pictures. What do you expect when you've been in the NBA for 16 years??! PEOPLE LOVE YOU! I was wearing 4 inch heels and didn't even reach his shoulder. The man is a giant. It's unreal. Everyone else acted just fine. I spoke Portuguese with Leandro, as he's from Brazil, and he was a little impressed I think. He smiled and spoke back in Portuguese.
This was a once in a lifetime experience and Cassie and I had SO MUCH FREAKING FUN!!! My Dad, Kelly, and Connor were at the game and Caliph, shooting trainer, got them better seats (they were sitting in the rafters 3rd to last row), even though they ended up being in the handicap section. At least they were better seats! Cassie and I sat behind the player's bench in the 11th row. I was hoping to be on TV, but we might have been too high up.
Cassie and I both were talking on our way home about how bad we felt that Kelly, Connor, and our Dad weren't able to meet the players. Our whole family are HUGE sports fanatics and we wish they could have snuck in with us.
It really isn't that big of a deal meeting someone famous, but IT IS because they are considered out of the "ordinary" and are well known for their talents. They really are just normal people with impressive skills that pay them a boat load of money. But I can speak for myself when I say that I WAS impressed and will NEVER forget tonight. What an awesome experience!
This was a once in a lifetime experience and Cassie and I had SO MUCH FREAKING FUN!!! My Dad, Kelly, and Connor were at the game and Caliph, shooting trainer, got them better seats (they were sitting in the rafters 3rd to last row), even though they ended up being in the handicap section. At least they were better seats! Cassie and I sat behind the player's bench in the 11th row. I was hoping to be on TV, but we might have been too high up.
Cassie and I both were talking on our way home about how bad we felt that Kelly, Connor, and our Dad weren't able to meet the players. Our whole family are HUGE sports fanatics and we wish they could have snuck in with us.
It really isn't that big of a deal meeting someone famous, but IT IS because they are considered out of the "ordinary" and are well known for their talents. They really are just normal people with impressive skills that pay them a boat load of money. But I can speak for myself when I say that I WAS impressed and will NEVER forget tonight. What an awesome experience!

10 comments:
Uh LINDSAY, did you forget that MARCH 25TH is my Birthday and you were supposed to take me??? HELLO??? I even speak portuguese! Me and Leo could have been best friends by now. I could be sipping Guarana on his couch right now, but instead I'm still at my desk typing you this message. I thought that it would have been a given that you would take me, DUH. Anyways, once I get over the jealousy, I'm really happy for you and Cassie, looks like you had a lot of fun!
O my gosh, that is so SWEET. I love the pic with shaq, he looks so annoyed but you guys are so stinkin cute. He really is ginormous! I'm so glad you guys got to go, thats awesome
All I have to say is LUCKY! Kailey is so jealous she can hardly stand it!
Jake is SOOOOOOO jealous. You look tiny next to Shaq!!! But you are tiny anyway... Thanks for all your help. We are working on our end. :)
HOlY CRAP! You guys are too cool for school and I must say adorable. What an unforgettable night. Maybe I should become a suns fan.
ps. I LOVE your shirt. You always look so cute!
That's cool Lins. Where did you learn to speak portuguese? My husband went on his mission to Brazil.
What?!! That is INSANE! How awesome is that?!
I knew I was your friend for a reason. ;0)
Glad you are doing well and say hello to everyone for us (your family, not the WHOLE Suns team).
Leandro, Dan, & Steve seemed the nicest by their pictures. Shaq isn't very photogenic. Poor guy. I seriously can't believe you were "Leandro's guest". That's sweet that you guys are friends now. : )
Leandro barbosa
BRASILEIRO ?! hahahaha cool
EU SOU BRASILEIRO TAMBEM
Post a Comment