Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

SURPRISE & Happy Thanksgiving!!

Yes, I bought a plane ticket a few weeks before my Thanksgiving break and surprised my entire family! It was so awesome! My first stop? Southwest Airlines Phoenix Cargo (where my Dad works - right next to Terminal 4) !!! When I showed up, my Dad's back was facing me and I yelled, "DAD!!" 5 guys all turned around and when he saw me, I thought he was going to faint! Haha! He had the biggest eyes, was full of shock, and didn't say anything for the longest time. I said, "SURPRISE!!" and he said, "I don't like surprises!!" He told me later it took him a minute to recognize me because he wasn't expecting me AND he was worried because he didn't have an extra ticket for me to go to the USC vs. ASU game! That's my Dad! So sweet to think of me, but I had the whole thing planned and made sure there was a way I went to the game, and I did! Then I surprised Cassie at Roy's office. My little sister works for him now, it's kind of neat. After I surprised her, she and I went to my Mom's office to surprise her. When she came out, she gasped really loud and said, "Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?"

I'm really not known for surprises, so this was so much fun. My parents offered to fly me home for Thanksgiving and I declined. But then I got to thinking and I felt like I should go home, and since nobody knew, I decided to make it a surprise. The look on my parents' faces made the expensive trip WORTH IT!!!

We spent Thanksgiving with my Mom's family, went to an ASU game, got up at 4:30 AM to go shopping for Christmas (Black Friday), watched football, ate out, visited cousins, hung out with friends, etc. It was a nice break from school. I had to fly back Sunday night and I didn't want to go back to Hawaii, but Hawaii feels more like home than Arizona. Weird, huh?? Well, school is out in less than a few weeks and then I will be home for Christmas for about 3 weeks! Fun!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there...
I found your site, I am going to try and figure out the blog thing and will let you know...

As always I will be watching you!!!

Love Ya,
John Stone

tim and priscilla said...

just want to thank you again for helping me out with my little boy! you saved me that night. just so you know, he slept through the night without making a peep last night! yeah!!! i know you will understand how fabulous that is having experienced the frequent wakings with me. thank you so so much!

Anonymous said...

It was soooo good to have you home if only for just a few days. FUN picture!!! (except for the tall guy) And I still don't like surprises.