Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Learning how to shop at the Grocery Store

I am not used to going grocery shopping because this is my first time living away from home so I really never had to do it before. I always went to the store with my Mom, but I never really paid any attention to the price of things. I saw that chicken was on sale and we like to make Chicken Curry a lot so I wanted to buy boneless chicken. There was a sale sign that said $2.99. I was so excited because I thought that was a really good price for chicken in Hawaii! I finished my shopping and went to the checkout line. When the cashier rang up the chicken it was $9.21. Surprised, I asked, "Isn't the chicken on sale?" And the cashier said, "Yes, this is the sales price." Still confused, I said, "But there was a sale sign that said $2.99 for boneless chicken." She smiled and replied, "Yes honey, it's $2.99 per pound and you are buying three pounds." My roommate and I started laughing. I was really embarrassed. And, I bought the chicken anyway. You learn a lot living on your own!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chicken will taste that much better knowing how much you paid for it. Why didn't you just catch one of the chickens that run around campus and eat it? ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

HA, that was funny dad.

Haha, thats pretty funny Linds. The woman probably thought you were an idiot though.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you paid $9 for chicken!

Anonymous said...

Actually, never mind. I CAN believe you paid that much for chicken. The day after Mother's Day, Mitch took me to a steak house in Scottsdale, and the food was delicious. We both had water AND lemonade. At the end of the meal we were looking at the ticket, and we were charged $15 for the water alone. haha It was special water, I guess! So much for not being charged for water at a restaurant! Sometimes you live and learn, other times you just make the same mistake again--that was not the first time we have been charged for water. On our honeymoon we were charged $6 for a warm bottle of water, and do you think we learned? Obviously not, because we paid 15 bucks last month. Oh well, it's worth it if it's worth the laugh!